[Zope] LARGE FILE SUPPORT

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:25:24 -0400

> From: Bill Anderson <bill@libc.org>
> No additional effor trequired.

Well, for a newbie, the effort is figuring out how to format the partitions!
:)

> Actually, the reiserfs installer patch is a helluva lot simpler, since
> it is a floppy update to the installer. :)

I heard from someone who worked at an (ahem... unix-based) OS company that
reiserfs is flaky...  that's why I was looking for something else.  There
are a couple others out there, but SGI has been working on XFS for years,
and it's operating in production systems, so I have confidence that it's
rock solid.

but anyway, with SGI's installer CD, installing RH7.1 with XFS couldn't be
easier -- you boot with the XFS disk and start the installation process with
that, then eventually it asks you to insert RH CD#1 and #2... viola!  done.