[Zope] upgrading an old ZODB ...

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 21:46:31 +0200 (CEST)

Darran Edmundson writes:
 > Pardon the repost, I'm still struggling with the
 > following:
 >
 > I have two old Data.fs files, circa November 1999
 > and April 2000.  Perhaps not surprisingly, I can't
 > seem to use them with Zope 2.1+.
April 2000 means Zope 2.1.6. I use such a "Data.fs" without
problems with Zope 2.3.3.

There is a conversion utility in "utilities" to convert
really old "Data.fs" files into a new format.

 > ZServer fires up but
 > both the site and the ZMI of the site give the
 > following traceback:
 >   File C:\ZOPE\OSCWEB\lib\python\ZPublisher\BaseRequest.py, line 444, in
 > traverse
 >   File C:\ZOPE\OSCWEB\lib\python\ZPublisher\BaseRequest.py, line 520, in
 > old_validation
 >     (Object: broken)
 > AttributeError: __getitem__
This is probably a different problem:

Your "Data.fs" appears to use Product that is not installed
in your new Zope installation. This gives you broken objects
(see above in the tracebach). As it does not support
subscription, you get the attribute error.

Try to visit the "Products" page:

    http://localhost:8080/Control_Panel/Products/manage_main

If you are lucky, you will see broken products.
Install them and check again.

Dieter