[Zope] ColdFusion - I want to remain a Zopista, please help

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:19:11 +0200

> I sense that using Zope would be a non-issue if the graphics dept. was
> assured that they wouldn't have to abandon their GUI-based design tools.
> Does anyone have experience collaborating with Zope where the
> non-programming graphics people are sharing the Zope interface? Have you
> been able to find a mutually agreeable arrangement?

Have you read...
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZPT/UseCases ?

I've got a Python Product in which one of our designers revamped the
templates IN GOLIVE!! Not understanding one single code piece of Zope. As
far as I know that's not possible with any other middleware tool.

ZPT can change the lifecycle of web projects.
Bad old one:
 -> trendy designer creates a Photoshop file (will probably look more like a
Monet painting than a web site)
 -> 12 years-old junior web developer converts the Photoshop to HTML in
Dreamweaver
 -> geeky application developer inserts business logic into the HTML in
Emacs
The result is that the process isn't reversable and the usability sucks
because the web designer was given too free hands

Good new one:
 -> application developer inserts business logic into a simple HTML document
 -> 12 years-old junior web developer helps designer with the "technical
bits"
 -> trendy designer squeeze in a better look to working and simple HTML
The pages can be modified by all parts without breaking down the continuing
processes for anyone else.

What's more, it sounds like you have a team there at your company. Not just
yourself.
Strongly emphasize the fact that Zope is built for teams rather than a
one-man-job like ColdFusion seems to be.

Peter