[Zope] Kernel message

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:50:13 -0500

Hi Oliver,

	I run lots of "Zope"s on FreeBSD and I've never seen this =
message=20
prevent Zope from starting. FreeBSD uses a kernel configuration=20
parameter to set the size of the file table.

/usr/src/sys/i386/YOURKERNENCONFIGURATIONFILE

has a line:

maxusers		32

I set mine to 64 (then rebuild/reinstall the kernel). If you are running=20=

stable, you know all about building kernels ;->. There are lots of posts=20=

about this in the FreeBSD mailing list archives. I've had a lot better=20=

luck on FreeBSD with ProxyPass and VirtualHostMonster than the pcgi=20
route.. but pcgi does work, mostly ;->.

take care,
-steve