[Zope] Zope 2.4.0 on RedHat 7.0? Problems with Python module compilation and start script.

Eric Walstad eric@walstads.net
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:24:57 -0700

Hey Ben,
Let me start by saying that I don't have the foggiest idea of what's going
on.  :)  Read on only if you want to hear my newbie babblings...
Why is the installation running unit tests?  I don't know anything about
formal unit testing in Zope or Python (except what I just read in the
/data/zope/2-4-0/lib/python2.1/test/Readme file) but it seems strange that
unit tests would be run during installation.
Assuming that they ARE supposed to be running, a totally blind shot in the
dark would be to verify that the .../test/output files and folders are
read/writeable by the user doing the installing/running.
Aside from that, I would try temporarily moving the "test" and "output"
directories to see if that solves the problem.
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.  Hopefully someone with more experience
will jump in here.
Eric.