[Zope] Size limit on Zclass text property???

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 21:22:20 +0200 (CEST)

Rogerio Atem de Carvalho writes:
 > I need urgent help!
 >
 > I created a ZClass with 5 string properties and 2 text properties.
 >
 > When I try to add an instance containing more than (circa) 1500 characters on
 > one of the text properties (or on both summed), I get an error like "no value
 > for propertyname...".
 >
 > If I add an instance and try to change its text properties to hold more than
 > 1500 chars, it simply cuts the content up to (circa) 1500!
When I read your question, I thought, this must be a GET problem
that goes away when you switch to POST.
But later you told us, you already use POST.

Is is not a classical problem. I have looked at lots of
Zope code, especially in ZPublisher, and have never
seen a place that truncates at about 1500 characters.
I am quite convinced that Zope does not impose limits
on the size of properties.

Maybe, the problem goes away, if you use "enctype=multipart/form-data".
However, I am not very optimistic.

Dieter