[Zope] Project FTP Site

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 08:37:30 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Mike Renfro wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 02:17:57PM -0700, Montagne, Michael wrote:
>
> > I need to create a project site for an archiectural office.  The primary
> > purpose is File Transfer.  Each firm participating in the project will have
> > a folder to upload files to.  They may also download from the other folders,
> > but not upload.  The files are primarily AutoCad drawings.
>
> If there will be lots of changes to the drawings, you might want to
> avoid storing them in a regular ZODB, unless you need the ability to
> roll back to previous versions of the drawings. Using LocalFS or

I was asked to create almost the same application by an architectural
office one day, unfortunately this didn't happen.

However I suggest you to think about saving your drawings in CVS, because
AFAIK (AIDKAL - and I don't know a lot) AutoCAD can save it's drawings in
a text format. This way you'd be able to save the complete history of
changes to each drawing, even with comments about each change, while at
the same time not wasting disk space.

I hadn't the time to test it but I suppose it should work just fine.

bye,

Jerome Alet