[Zope] Zope 2.4 on Windows 98 installing squishdot.

Joel Burton jburton@scw.org
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 05:14:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 lsmith@scw.org wrote:

> Hi this list was recommend as a good place to ask for Zope help so I
> let you know I'm a newbie and I've been searching for an answer
> through various lists so if it's been answered already I plead
> newbieness and request your forgiveness.  Here goes.  I installed
> squishdot int c:\program files\website\lib\python\products and
> restarted zope.  Squishdot is available and the icon isn't broken I
> tried to bring up a plain vanilla site and this is the error message
> I received:  Zope has encountered an error while publishing this
> resource.
>
> Error Type: TypeError
> Error Value: Catalog addIndex now requires the index type to be
> resolved prior to adding; create the proper index in the caller.
>
> I haven't heard of the caller so I'm at a loss where to go next if
> you can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful thanks for
> your patience

Is this a new installation, or an upgrade from an older Zope?
There were a lot of Catalog changes in 2.3 series; if you're upgrading,
perhaps it would help to delete your existing Catalog and
re-create.

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>