[Zope] Large Data.fs Problems

Casey Duncan cduncan@kaivo.com
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 15:51:21 -0600

Chris Withers wrote:

> Magnus Heino wrote:
> >
> > > seems to take about 5-10 minutes, which is not great during product
> > development
> >
> > Add refresh.txt and refresh your product from the control panel
> > instead?
>
> Refresh is unreliable at best, and migrating to Zope 2.4.0 is what's causing a
> lot of the problem...

Honestly my solution would be not to do the product development on such
a burdensome Zope instance. I usually use a clean and light instance
locally for such development and then do occasional "pushes" to the
machine with the real data on it for testing.

You probably have a good reason why that won't work for you though 8^)

How come refresh is so unreliable, what does it do that screws you up? I
honestly rarely have problems with it, unless the product does something
unusual, like dynamic hotfixes or somesuch.

--