[Zope] CoreSessionTracking's get looped in <dtml-in> does not work?

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 08:34:21 -0400

Milos Prudek wrote:

> It seems that it is impossible to use <dtml-in> loop for data gleaned from
> CoreSessionTracking.
>
> I use CoreSessionTracking 0.8 quite extensively, and I only now stumbled
> accross this. Here's an example.
>
> -- This does not work. It gives Incorrect Attribute error for "fname".
> <dtml-in expr="data.get('writers')">
>   <dtml-var write_1_row>
> </dtml-in>
>
> WHERE:
>
> *
> writers is correctly stored dictionary (?) gleaned from ":records". I can do
> "<dtml-in expr="data.get('writers')"><dtml-var fname></dtml-in>, so the fname
> is being returned correctly.

It's a dictionary?  Are you sure?  If so, wouldn't you need:

  <dtml-with "data.get('writers')" mapping>
    <dtml-var fname>
  </dtml-with>

CST can store just about any kind of object as a value in a session data
object, and not all objects are sequences.

What kind of object is 'writers'?

--
Chris McDonough                    Zope Corporation
http://www.zope.org             http://www.zope.com