[Zope] URL parameters and Dtml var

Tommy Johnson tommy@7x.com
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:14:09 -0800

Alexandre,

You are passing testpage as a string in your URL. So, in your 'document'
page, you need to tell Zope to get the testpage object.

You have several options, depending on what you want to do. I'm assuming
that you want to render the content of the testpage object. If that is the
case, you can use either:

<dtml-var expr="_.getitem('testpage', 1)"> or
<dtml-var expr="_[param]">

Now, if you just want to display the content of the object, but NOT render
it, you can use:

<dtml-var expr="_.getitem('testpage')"> or
<dtml-var expr="_.getitem('testpage', 0)">

The 0 or 1 in the above examples define whether you want to render the
object.
0 = no
1 = yes

hth,