[Zope] zwiki install help

Flynt rhess@bic.ch
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 02:21:22 +0200

dave@kovach.com wrote:

> Ok,
>
> I have exhausted the help and archive documents...
>
> what is the deal with installing the zwiki product and zwikiwebs product?
>
> Can someone give me the exact steps and what version of zope and what version of python I need?
>
> I am not sure I follow the whole procedure, but I end up with broken object links when trying to add a wiki.
> But I am sure I am not installing things right.
>
> Sometimes to do the smallest of small things requires so much effort.. wow.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> David

Hi David

I am not sure about what you mean exactly with "...but I end up with
broken object links when trying to add a wiki." WikiPage or WikiWeb or
ZWiki product itself ?

I try to give a short summary. Python version for Zope up to 2.3.2
should be 1.5.2 (Python 2.1 will be officially only supported from the
upcoming Zope 2.4). ZWiki should install at least on all Zope versions
2.3.0 to 2.3.2, but - of course - take the most fresh stable version,
which is Zope 2.3.2.

Do a normal installation of Zope 2.3.2. Test it and then shut it down.

When this is finished, take the ZWiki-0.8.1.tgz and go with it into the
*lib/python/Products* subdirectory of your Zope installation. Do a:
tar -zxvf ZWiki-0.8.1.tgz
and you will get a new directory in this subdirectory (Products) with
the name *ZWiki*.

Now go into this new directory (cd ZWiki) and read the *README.txt* (all
of the following steps are explained there).

Move the file *ZWikiWebs.zexp* into the */import* directory of the root
of your Zope installation.

Then start your Zope instance again.

Go in the ZMI into *Control_Panel* and there into *Product Management*.
Import the *ZWikiWebs.zexp* into your *Control_Panel/Products* folder.
You should get two new products in the products panel. One is named
*ZWiki* and the other (with a little different icon than all the others)
is called *ZWikiWebs*.

Now create some testfolder in the root in ZMI, go into this testfolder
and add a new type (you have two new choices: *ZWiki Page* and *ZWiki
Web*. Add a *ZWiki Web*. Let's call it *WikiWeb* (you can choose among
different types of WikiWebs to add).

Now point your browser at http://yourmachine:8080/testfolder/WikiWeb and
you will get the frontpage of your ZWikiWeb. It is from here, that you
start to add new Wiki pages, according to the "WikiWay" (just create a
word like this with a capital letter in the beginning and somewhere
within the word and click on the question-mark then).

HTH

--- Flynt