[Zope] Thanks for the fish

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 08:33:31 +0200

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 06:13:57PM +0200, Paul Zwarts wrote:
> I know this is kinda OT and kinda cross-post, so sue me... hehe. You can't
> because I live in a land where sueing is as taboo as sex is in the US...

And vice versa (Sex is as publically visible as sueing is in the US). You
are only a few minuets cycle from the Zeedijk, remember that ;)

> Anyhow to the point. I have busted my balls for quite a long time now to get
> my company's website up and running... All in Zope. I'm pretty proud of it
> and I'd like to say thanks to all of you who have helped this newbie out
> with Zope 'the world's greatest hack'... (sorry, couldn't help myself on
> that one..)
>
> http://shop.oratrix.nl
> is the url.
>
> Hope you like my effort. It's still buggy, and if people would like, send
> your insults to the list while I bow my head in shame.

Gosh! Nice job. Did you know that the first iteration of shop.oratrix.nl
was my first ever Zope project? I did the internals, Paul Boots did some
design tweaks. Later on Oratrix people did all of the adjustments
themselves, so what was there by the time you redid the server was
probably quite far from what I had built.

Say hi to Jack for me (if he is still around), will you?

--
Martijn Pieters