[Zope] Getting on Zope to "talk" to another?

Etienne Labuschagne etiennel@geospace.co.za
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 09:41:15 +0200

Hi all

I have two external Python methods A and B.  Python method A receives it's
input from a posted form.  Python method A must use Python method B to
calculate some stuff for it.  The only problem is that Python method B sits
on another Zope machine.

eg.  http://myzopeserver/A?name=myName&surname=mySurname is the string that
gets generated by the post form

Now A does some of it's stuff, but is must get results from
http://anotherzopeserver/B?personage=28 .

I can probably build a string like the one above in method A and then use
RESPONSE.redirect to "invoke" the method above, but what if the data that I
must send to B is too big to fit in a GET type query (like above) and I must
rather put it in a POST (it's actually an XML string that I want to send to
the other server, it will respond with an XML string as answer.).  How do I
get the "form variables" generated by A into the POST, send it to B, get the
response back from B and the do something with the response received from B?

Any ideas on the best way to tackle this?

Thanks
Etienne