[Zope] Prerequisites for a desktop IDE, or any desktop app w/ Zope

Christian Tismer tismer@tismer.com
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 11:38:00 +0200

Luke Tymowski wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For those interested in Kylix, Borland has just dropped the price of the
> Desktop version from $999 US to $200 US.
> http://shop.borland.com/Category/0,1257,3-15-1080,00.html
>
> I work at a Delphi shop and Kylix is quite nice. I installed it and
> played with it briefly.
>
> But it's a bad choice for building a Zope IDE because ... it's x86-only
> and only Windows or Linux.

Hmm, good point. I wasn't aware that they are X86 only.
>From a viewpoint of counting the number of machines
in the world which are running X86 with Linux or
Windoze as Zope clients, how much percent would you expect
we could cover with this approach? Note that I'm talking about
clients, only.

ciao - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@tismer.com>