[Zope] Netscape Problems

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 09:37:28 -0400

[Chris Withers]

> Well, this appears to have helped a bit. I don't seem to end up
CSS-spinning
> on management screens but I don't think that's related.

Won't help other NS users, though - how would they know to do this?

> It appears I can submit forms too (yay!) but its still painfully slow
(much
> slower than it was when I first installed Netscape) COuld that be because
> I'm working offline and some weird DNS lookup thing is happening or is it
> still a manifestation of the same problem?

Could be.  Another factor in NS problems (maybe not in this particular
quirk) is that NS really wants to go to its cache, even when you try to tell
it not to.  Sometimes the only remedy is to shut NS down and restart, or
even in extremis to flush the cache.  I've been bit by this too many times.

Tom P