[Zope] I want to script in Python and not Zope-Python

E. Seifert e.seifert@gmx.net
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 19:27:56 +0200

Hi Tom,

Tom Smith wrote:
> I'm a big fan of python AND zope, but I'm a little unclear about how the
two
> really sit together.
>
>  Is there any way to let python scripts to have access to all the bits and
> bobs I've got going with python, like MySQL (or Tk even) rather than have
> deal with python-in-zope.

This is a question of security. You can't let Zope users use all aspects of
Zope.

> I basically just want to ..
>
> import urllib
>
> ...And don't want to muck about with external methods. I want FULL python
> power within zope.

To leverage the full power of Zope just use external methods. They allow to
write fully functional python applications which you can access from within
Zope.

Regards
Eric