[Zope] Zope & MySQL: one step closer

Takashi Linzbichler ta@smartferret.com
Tue, 05 Jun 2001 14:29:24 -0700

Hi,

Horst Wald wrote:

> Suse Linux 6.4
> Zope 2.2.0 or higher
> MySQL 3.22.32
> Python 1.5.2
> ZMySQLDA-2.0.6
> MySQLdb-0.3.5
>
> I have Suse Linux 7.0, Zope 2.3.2 and the rest is just what the ebook wants.

I don't know exactly which version of zope you finally installed (i.e.
binary or source) but with the above config I would recommend to
de-install everything except MySQL and Python 1.5.2 through YaST (be
warned, I _think_ SuSE 7.0 installs 2.x by default).

Then install the source-dist of Zope 2.3.2 and follow the
Zope/Apache/SuSE HOWTO on Zope.org (sorry, I forgot the exact URL). You
might leave out the part dealing with Apache as front-end. Read
especially careful the section dealing with the configuration of
etc/rc.config the init-script and the Zope start-script.

After you've got Zope itself running, install Andy Dustmans
MySQl-Adapters from source.

This setup at least worked for me.

hth,
	ta

smartferret it-consulting Dipl.-Ing. Linzbichler KEG

Dipl.-Ing. Takashi Veikko Linzbichler
Tannhofweg 28/3
A-8044 Graz, Austria

Tel.:   0316 / 39 89 40 -0