[Zope] Re: Zope digest, Vol 1 #1440 - 45 msgs

Chris Abraham cja@well.com
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 07:43:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Zopesters:

I am collecting resources for the ZPug.org site and I would like to
journal the typical install on a common box and I would like some help
with obvious tips, tricks, resources, etc, that will help someone install
Zope on a box.

Okay, I have a 300MHz K6-2 AMD box with 128M and 18G SCSI and I currently
have it set up with a minorly customised Red Hat 6.2 box running apache
and serving static and php pages with a mysql back end.

I would like the step required to replace my /home/httpd/html stuff so
that Apache resolves <http://www.zdev.org> to Zope 2.3.2 instead of PHP or
static.

So, lets start from scratch.  Installing Zope.  How to pre-prepare.  How
to ready, what to check for, and how to proceed as smartly as
possible.  This site will host a Zope Development Environment as well as
MySQL and Mailman services.

Okay.  After install, how to I change the httpd.conf files so that I can
run Zope through CGI -- but I would also like people who are checking my
box to recognise that I use Linux, Apache, Python, and Zope!  So that I
can be part of the War against Netcraft's "where in the Web is Zope" ploy!

Okay, so How should I go about it?  When I install should I alias Products
or mv them to /Products?  Where should I install Zope?  How do I install
multiple instances?  What should I and what shouldn't I do?  What mistakes
really mess up a person's day?  What online resources would you not be
able to live without, both pushed to my INBOX or visited or checked?

Cheers!

Chris

PS: I would also like to be able to collect this info for sharing on
<http://www.zpug.org> so please indicate whether this is or isn't okay --
can I quote you and use your name and give you credit?

--
chris abraham, managing director <cja@beehive.de> <http://www.beehive.de>
beehive North America, washington, dc, +1 202 548 0410 wk +1 202 478 0276