[Zope] re: generating Python Scripts on the fly

Tom Palermo tom@bcswebservices.net
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 15:54:45 -0400

sent this once already but forgot the subject line in my message. Sorry for
any inconvenience.
Tom Palermo
[Tom Palermo] > Have any of you ever used manage_addPythonScript(id,
REQUEST=None) to create > Python Scripts on the fly. I want to create a
Python Script which simply > returns a tuple of values from a form filled
out by a user. Othe DTML and/or > Python scripts would then use this
generated Python script to automatically > build a table layout in HTML. If
anyone has ever used or knows the proper > way to use
manage_addPythonScript, please let me know. I want to add the > script to a
folder or possible a ZClass (adding to a folder is sufficient > for now).
Thanks for any assistance. >
[Tom Passin]>Can't you just build the table from a pre-existing script or
dtml code? After all, the form itself is (I suppose) already fixed in its
form.
>Cheers, Tom P
I've already done something like this with a predefined Python Script. I
want to achieve the same type of functionality but also have the user be
able to define what the content will be. They can choose the number of
columns which will return a form with the specified number of text input
boxes. Then they enter their info. This is not an exact description but
hopefully you get the gist of what I'm trying to do. Also, I just want to
see if I can do it. So yes, I can do it with a pre-existing script and in
fact am to some degree. The resulting table will get generated from the info
input by the user. If a user says they want 6 columns then they get a table
with 6 columns and they can add as many rows as they like (There are
probably some limitations amount of data a Python tuple can reasonably
handle but I'm not so worried about that at this point).
Thanks for any assistance,
 Tom Palermo