[Zope] Difficult question related to creating instances of objects...

Ronald L. Chichester complaw@hal-pc.org
Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:50:49 -0500

This could be considered a difficult question.

I want to have a set of objects that interrelate two kinds of
information.  Call the first one an "issue" and the second one a
"paradigm."  In a folder, there are mulitple issues and multiple
paradigms.  Some of the issues go with one or more paradigms.  Other
issues go with other paradigms.

The issue and the paradigm are both ZClasses that I created.

This is what I'm after....

Upon calling the issue_addForm, I want to have a list of the paradigms
that reside within the calling folder.  That way, the owner of the new
object merely needs to click on an HTML list box in order to select the
different paradigms.  Ditto for editing the object.

I could have created a set of properties (using the boolean, for
example), but this would have made the class specific to a paradigm
set.  Instead, I want to generalize it so that I can simply add a new
folder (with the appropriate index_html, etc.) and then add issue
instances and paradigm instances and generate all lists dynamically
based upon the content in the file.

The bottom-line question is, can I make a list for an HTML list box with
the contents of the folder that calls the addForm method?

Thanks in advance,

Ron