[Zope] Difficult question related to creating instances of objects...

Tim Cook tim@freepm.org
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 06:47:31 -0500

"Ronald L. Chichester" wrote:

> The bottom-line question is, can I make a list for an HTML list box with
> the contents of the folder that calls the addForm method?

I haven't had my first infusion of caffine yet this morning. But
if I understand your question...

I found that the power of using ZClasses was in being able to
define a META TYPE.  This gives you a lot of handling
capabilities in many situations.  So instead of having one Zclass
with a boolean to select whehter it's an issue or a paradigm. I
would create two separate Classes.  The overhead is pretty small
compared to what you get back in power.

For the association part, your issue will need a lines property
that will contain the associated paradigm ID's. When you add an
issue and select the paradigms from the multi-select then your
form handler will have a list of paradigms to fill this property
with.

Do the paradigms available to an issue span mutiple folders or
are they all co-located?  The former gets pretty tricky and is
better implemented with a URL vs. just the ID.

HTH,
--
Tim Cook, President - FreePM,Inc.
http://www.FreePM.com Office: (731) 884-4126