[Zope] one step closer to connecting Zope to MySQL

Paul Zwarts paz@oratrix.com
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 13:50:49 +0200

Hiya,

If you have correctly installed the MySQL-python source then this problem
will go away. Some setups will put the _mysql module in the
python/site-packages/ and if your Zope is from source instead of binary
install (with its own python) then it wont find this. Do a find for the
_mysql* (dont actually think there is a _mysql like that but other files
with an appendation) and then you can try putting with the operative python
directories that Zope is using. I think from a binary install of Zope, you
can copy it to Zope/bin or Zope/lib/python, something like that.

Hope this helps and Good luck,
Paz

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of Horst
Wald
Sent: 07 June 2001 13:41
To: zope@zope.org; website-talk-admin@list.ora.com
Subject: [Zope] one step closer to connecting Zope to MySQL

Hi,

thanks to all the help I got, I'm a lot closer to connecting Zope to MySQL
now and I think I know where the problem is. I have:

- started with Suse Linux 7.0
- installed Zope 2.3.2
- installed MySQL 3.22.32 and Python 1.5.2-something with YAST
- downloaded and installed MySQL-python-0.3.5, ZMySQLDA-2.0.6 as stated
  in the ebook I bought myself
- downloaded and installed Distutils-1.0.2
- tried to compile the MySQL-python-0.3.5
- got the error message:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/zope/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 528, in
import_products
    product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
  File "/usr/zope/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/__init__.py", line 91, in ?
    import DA
  File "/usr/zope/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/DA.py", line 91, in ?
    from db import DB
  File "/usr/zope/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/db.py", line 89, in ?
    import _mysql
ImportError: No module named _mysql

I took a look at /usr/zope/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/db.py and it says in
line 89: "import _mysql", hard coded. Which explains the error: I found no
such file on my computer. So it seems, I still have to install something,
right? What is it?

I'll have a beer on you all when it works, promise!

Horst