[Zope] Making the Fishbowl Better :-)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 13:54:03 +0100

Brian Lloyd wrote:

> It is rather dispiriting to see a "shocking major security flaw!"
> thread about something that has been quite visible in the proposals
> area for nearly 6 months. :(
>
> Please let me know if you have ideas for improvements we can make
> to the fishbowl to encourage more people to use it.

Well, there's no notification which is the main thing that stops it being useful
for me.

I stick in comments and proposals when I remember but I don't have time to check
the _whole_ of the Fishbowl every day, and I'm too stupid for the RecentChanges
page to spark off the right neurons when something I'm interested in changes (it
also becomes much less useful when _lots_ of things are changing of which you're
only interested in a few, as in a busy Wiki like the fishbowl)

Maybe if it was a CMF site with subscriber lists for each proposal (which would
be a content object, not just a bit of a Wiki)?

I'm now working on Swishdot which aims to have subscriber lists, but I'm a long
way off right now...

My £0.02,

Chris :-)