[Zope] Several domains and one Zope

Sherwood Robinson srobinson@fredericksburg.com
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 10:24:27 -0400

At 10:05 AM 6/7/2001 -0400, zbir@urbanape.com wrote:

> > Then when you got to a folder containing your site root you have to re-log
> > on and you are now accessing your admin with the SiteRoot setting.  If for
> > any reason you messed up your site root and don't know how to suppress it
> > you could be in some trouble trying to even get to the manage of these
> > sections.
>
>Actually, you can get directly to it, if you know what you're doing, by
>going to :
>
>   http://123.123.123.123:8230/urbanape/SiteRoot/manage_main

That is generally said about suppressing it.

>and edit it directly. The re-auth comes about from trying to evaluate the
>manage_workspace method ( I believe - I might be badly mistaken - but
>this has worked for me in the past )

My understanding is your Re-authorized because your changing your
domain.  So the browser needs current login information.  This has to do
with the Default Domain when you access the site.  Use VHM and it will go
away.  Of course you only have to enter the password once for Each new
domain you access until you close your browser.  Try it.  If you remove the
SiteRoot it wont ask for that second password.

> > VHM (virtual host monster) could easily help yo
>u to avoid any potential
> > disasters like this and when you access, like you are indicating above you
> > only have to log in once and you will be able to manage everything because
> > VHM is dormant unless activated by the call from your APACHE.
>
>Yeah, I've always wanted to get into using more Zope-specific products. I
>wouldn't mind weening Apache out of the picture altogether, actually.

Well my understanding of VHM at least you need something to pass the proper
arguments to the VHM so it knows what to do.   Unfortunately that makes it
hard to Eliminate a front end to your Zope like Apache.  Of course I could
be wrong in my understanding and there may be a way I don't know about.

SR

> > Then when you need to create more VH (Virtual Hosts)  you just need to add
> > the proper settings to Apache and not even worry about a SiteRoot settings.
> >
> > My opinion much cleaner, safer and easier
>
>Will look into these products. I've meant to do so, anyway :)
>
>$name="zachery bir";                       $email="zbir@urbanape.com";

>$position="systems administrator";        $altposition="witch doctor";
>$voice="804.353.3742";                 $web="http://www.urbanape.com";

Sherwood Robinson
Hostmaster
The Free Lance-Star/Internet Department