[Zope] return a value from python script

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 22:31:03 +0200 (CEST)

Max M writes:
 > I am not really shure what you are asking here, but are you calling your
 > python method like <dtml-call "yourScript()"> and not like <dtml-call
 > yourscript> ?? The first one will execute the method, the second one will
 > return the text of the method.
I am sure, you are not right...

None of the two returns a value: "call discards the return value".

In your first variant, you explicitly call "yourScript" and have
control over the parameters passed.

In the second variant, DTML calls the script for you
and may automatically bind "_" and pass automatically
parameters from "_". This may be the case, too, for
the first variant (I am not sure; in fact, I doubt it).
Then, there would be no difference.

Dieter