[Zope] How to remove zope.pcgi from URL (in IIS)?

Satheesh Babu sbabu@tnc.org
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 08:43:21 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C0EFF7.12BCD660

Hello,

I'm trying to run Zope behind IIS, in PCGI mode. It works reasonably except
that I can never login to management interface. (I can do so by using
ZServer directly).

However, my current problem is that Zope sites have an URL like

http://mysite.com/cgi-bin/zope.pcgi/blahblah

Is there a way in IIS to make it look like http://mysite.com/blahblah or
even http://mysite.com/biggerblah/blahblah ?

So far I was using Apache where this is easy with ProxyPass. Now, (at least
for some time) I'm stuck with IIS. I went through the solution where you use
a 404.asp page that does some sort of proxying. Any other solutions?

We've a big static site served by IIS and some ASP. For the moment, I must
use the same server machine for Zope too. And most corporate firewalls block
ports other than 80. That is why I'm trying to front end Zope with IIS.

Many thanks in advance

V. Satheesh Babu        http://vsbabu.csoft.net
"Power corrupts. PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C0EFF7.12BCD660
	filename="Satheesh Babu.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Babu;Satheesh;;Mr
FN:Satheesh Babu
NICKNAME:Babu
ORG:The Nature Conservancy;Information Systems
TITLE:Sr. Web Programmer Analyst III
TEL;WORK;VOICE:703-841-5348
TEL;HOME;VOICE:703-534-6940
ADR;WORK:;Home Office;;Arlington;VA;22044;USA
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:Home Office=3D0D=3D0AArlington, =
VA 22044=3D0D=3D0AUSA
ADR;HOME:;;6166 Leesburg Pike, #D506;Falls Church;VA;22044;USA
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:6166 Leesburg Pike, =
#D506=3D0D=3D0AFalls Church, VA 22044=3D0D=3D0AUSA
URL;HOME:http://vsbabu.csoft.net
URL;WORK:http://nature.org
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:sbabu@tnc.org
REV:20010319T201937Z