[Zope] Re: FSSession trouble

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 16:37:50 +0200

> Peter Bengtsson writes:
>

> > Did you see what happened?? I lost a variable I managed to set as a
cookie
> > when calling the FSSession object again towards the bottom!
> > Why this? How to prevent it?
> >
> > What I do in reality (the above pseudo) is that in standard_html_header
> > call the FSSession object and then use it to display custom Stylesheets.
> > Then I call the FSSession object again to use it in standard_html_footer
> > use it to display different footers.
> >
> > The <dtml-call FSSession> is vital to be able to begin to use it, but
why
> > isn't it enough just to do it once in standard_html_header in a code
like
> > this:
> > <dtml-var standard_html_header>
> > <h1>A Page</h1>
> > <dtml-var standard_html_footer>

> You are supposed to call FSSession only once which initializes it for the
> whole transaction. Just don't call it again in 'standard_html_footer'.
> FSsession commits its data at the end of the transaction. By calling it
> again in 'standard_html_footer' you force it to reread its data before it
> had the chance to commit its old state.
>
> Let me know if it works. Maybe I should ignore additional calls to
FSSession
> if they occur in the same transaction.

I HAVE to call the FSSession object twice.
Since I view only index_html, it uses the call of standard_html_header.
standard_html_footer is called by index_html included into index_html
I can't really explain it but standard_html_footer appear to be
"independent" of standard_html_header (where the FSSession call occurs).
Only the REQUEST object spans between both standard_html_header and
standard_html_footer.

What I would like to be able to do (see it as a bug report/feature request)
is to call it and standard_html_header and still have it
standard_html_footer with index_html as the link.

Peter