[Zope] More ZSyncer stuff

Paul Zwarts paz@oratrix.com
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 17:38:25 +0200

>The problem is we are comparing date / times on objects and sometimes they
>just appear to be plain wrong. Especially if you are syncing to a box in a
>different time zone! What is needed is something me and Gregor are talking
>about, a version number on each object, similar to CVS. By comparing the
>number of a version, we eliminate this problem.

Is this somehow related to the mxDateTime thread and something about Zope
returning DateTime objects as strings? Perhaps using mxDateTime is a good
idea then? Personally, I've lost alot of time wrestling with DateTimes that
sometimes go into a sql table and sometimes not. I had assumed it was just
my newbieness (and still do) but something tells me I'm not as stupid as I
think I am :-)

Cheers Andy,
Paz