[Zope] processing checkbox parameters - browser differences

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 20:33:23 +0200 (CEST)

Sandy Britain writes:
 > ... checked checkboxes part of submitted data ...
 > This works great in netscape 4.x but it doesn't work in IE 5 - it
 > doesn't appear to be returning
 > the checkboxes with the REQUEST - or perhaps not picking up that any are
 > checked.
I do not believe this.

  In fact, I tested code today on Netscape and IE 5.5,
  that uses this feature and it worked perfectly for
  both browsers.

 > Here is the code from the method that processes the form' action:
 >
 > <dtml-in "REQUEST.form.items()">
 > <dtml-let request_item_id=sequence-key>
 >
 > <dtml-in "objectValues('myObjectType')">
 > <dtml-if expr="id == request_item_id">
Are you sure, the "id" of your objects is a member and not a method?

   Try replacing "id" with "_['id']" or "_.render(id)".

Dieter