[Zope] Getting info about a newly created object

Philippe Jadin philippe.jadin@123piano.com
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 00:11:55 +0200

[newbie with a lot of questions - thanks]

Hello,

On a site I want to allow users to add files. I created a simple form that
has <input type="file"> on it. This form calls a python script with :

context.manage_addProduct['OFSP'].manage_addFile(file)

This doesn't work : it needs two arguments instead of one. It works when I
give an id. What I'd like is to have the id generated based on the given
filename. This is how the file product works. How can I "generate" this id ?

After this, how can I redirect the user to another form that would let him
add some metadata to his file?

I need to know the id of the object I just created (does manage_addFile()
return something?), and append something like /MyEditForm to the url to be
redirected.

How can I do this in the python script?

Another question : what would be the best option to choose wether to create
an image or a file object? Based on content type submited by the browser, or
file extensions?

I feel a bit like reinventing the wheel, but I guess it's the only way to
give the user customized management screens (or did I miss something?).

Anyway thanks in advance !

Philippe Jadin