[Zope] I tried Evan's example with VHM - but it isn't working

zbir@urbanape.com zbir@urbanape.com
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 09:15:49 -0400

> Hello,
>
>  Yes it's me with the Virtual Host Monster :-)
> Now I have tried the example that Evan throw at me - but if you take a look
> at www.mmmanager.org you can see that it isn't working. I did as follows:
>
> 1) Went to my apache conf and added the following:
> NameVirtualHost 212.242.53.118
>
> <VirtualHost 212.242.53.118>
>         ServerName www.mmmanager.org
>         ServerAdmin webmaster@mmmanager.org
>         DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html
>         ErrorLog logs/www.mmmanager.org_error_log
>         CustomLog logs/www.mmmanager.org_access_log common
>
>         RewriteEngine On
>         RewriteLog "logs/www.mmmanager.org_rewrite_log
                     ^                                  ^

If this was copied directly from your httpd.conf, then that might explain
it.

>         RewriteLogLevel 1
>         RewriteRule /zopefuncs - [L]
>         RewriteRule ^/(.*)
> http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.mmmanager.org:80/mmmanager.org
/VirtualHostRoot/$1
> [P,L]
>
> (The above 2 lines are 1 line in my config file).
>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> I went to my ZMI and added a VHM in the root folder.
>
> I restarted apache.
>
> And now - nothing happens ...
>
> The page should only show something like "Test" or something ...

You might be able to verify this by examining your
logs/www.mmmanager.org_error_log file.

$name="zachery bir";                       $email="zbir@urbanape.com";
$position="systems administrator";        $altposition="witch doctor";
$voice="804.353.3742";                 $web="http://www.urbanape.com";