[Zope] When should I use CMF?

Frank McGeough fm@synchrologic.com
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 15:06:27 -0400

I'm curious about whether people would recommend using CMF at this point in
time for the following purpose. I have been asked to volunteer some time to
setup a non-profits web site. I've been using Zope/Zwiki for a while so I
was familiar with Zope, at least enough to get a wiki running and do simple
maintenance on it. I figured I might try to use Zope for this purpose. The
non-profit folks want a calendar of events and general information (phone
numbers/contacts). They will have a handful of people (5 or 6) submitting
content. It seems like overkill to use CMF for their purpose. The majority
of folks that visit the site wouldn't log in ever and all these visitors
would see the exact same site. Opinions?