[Zope] WebDAV Speed Issues.

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 23:30:49 +0100

--On 11 June 2001 14:33 -0700 "Jason C. Leach" <jleach@mail.ocis.net> wrote:

> hi,
>
> What regulates Zope's WebDAV speed?  The server, CPU/RAM, or bandwith? I
> would also be curious if WebDAV is generaly bandwith intensive.
>
> I have a Webfolder maped w/ NT 4.0 and find it a bit slow for 1 user.  The
> server is pretty slow, and outgoing I only get 512K DSL speed.

My own experience is that NT 4.0 < Win98 = Win2K against the
same server on the same LAN. The NT 4.0 implementation seems
prone to "freezing" and the file transfer box often needs
to be brought the foreground on the desktop if it gets stuck
mid-transfer.

YMMV

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
     E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/