[Zope] Solution for copying a site

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:42:54 +0200

> > "Detaching" sub objects from a folder for the purpose of say export is
> > something I would really like to do as well. If you figure this out
> (without
> > deleting and undeleting), let me know... :)
>
> If for example zsyncher (or the zope export mechanism) was looking for a
> propery called do_not_export, and would not export any subobject if it's a
> folder, it would work. Or did I miss something?

the zope export mechanism takes one object more or less and it doesn't look
inside it.

I have want I want already, but it only works if you can make a zope object
copy of what I want to export. If the folder I copy doesn't have too many
objects in it, I can copy it and apply a script that looks at properties or
meta type or id.

More suggestions.
Peter