[Zope] ZShell

Andy andy@agmweb.ca
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:39:39 -0700

> Is it available somewhere ?

Its thrown up on http://www.zope.org/Members/andym/ZShellCLI. Please note it
may not work and needs some hacking, a custom version of zshell, plus
xmlrpclib access. Works for me and the best commands to play with? ls and cd
work great!

> Yes, this is planned for the 2.0 release.

Yeah.

> However I've never made any python Zope product yet, only ZClasses, so any
> help is welcome.

I'd like to help, but I have so many other projects to work on, I cant
promise much...

> > Plus more support like changing directories..
>
> What do you mean ? try the 'cd' command (or the 'man' command)
> you can also create them, delete them, or modify their
> permissions/properties.

Well yeah I got cd working, but you can see the hoops to jump through. Since
you pass the folder through as a hidden form, meaning I would have to parse
the html each time to get that value. Hence my hacked version of zshell,
that returns a dict of value, and path.

I think you'll see the problems with using the current style of only
exposing one method when you look at the code...

> Yes. It should work just now by calling get_stdout() and get_stderr().

Aha! Yep use get_stdout(), but it doesnt always work. Get lots of %s. :)

Anyway ls and cd work great!

> bye, but I'll only thank you when I'll be able to
> download ZShellCLI.py ;-)

Cheers
--
  Andy McKay