[Zope] Starting zope automatically on Linux Mandrake 8.0

Ronald L. Chichester complaw@hal-pc.org
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 23:14:38 -0500

Have you tried looking at:

http://www.zope.org/Members/markoer2/resources/howtos/redhat_startup

(Discusses startup scripts in general, especially for RedHat-based
systems, of which Mandrake is one.)

I would also recommend:

http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/HowTos/zopeinstall/ZOPE-INSTALL-HOWTO

Which I have used to install Zope on Mandrake 7.1 and 8.0; RedHat 6.1,
7.0 and 7.1; and Debian Potato and Libranet 1.9.0.

The latter article is a tad dated, as it isn't current with the latest
versions of zope.  But if you substitute 'admin' for 'superuser'; note
that there is an extra Data.fs? file (which I doubt you have to worry
about, as this appears to be one of your first installations), you
should be able to work your way though.

Good luck,

Ron