[Zope] Best way to scale images from Zope besides PIL?

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:35:30 -0500

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 06:55:28AM -0700, Chris Beaumont wrote:

> Unless you are willing to spell it out *explicitly* *please* don't
> give me more advice on how to get PIL working, I give up. I've tried
> at least ten different helpful suggestions (and tried reinstalling it
> from scratch three times)..none of them have worked.. I'm currently
> using the 2.24 binary release of Zope running on Debian Linux (potato)

I'm using 2.3.2 (rebuilt from sid sources) on potato, and at least
I've managed to get both PIL and the Photo product (0-4-3,
http://www.zope.org/Members/Drew/Photo) working this afternoon. No
trouble at all, and I've not yet installed Drew's PhotoAlbum .zexp

Relevant products: zope 2.3.2-2
(http://www.cae.tntech.edu/~mwr/zope_2.3.2-2_i386.deb),
task-python-web 1.2 (meta-package for installing Zope, python-imaging
aka PIL, etc.)

Evidence:

http://www.cae.tntech.edu/help/unix/screen/test_photo?display=xlarge
http://www.cae.tntech.edu/help/unix/screen/test_photo?display=thumbnail

So that's not explicit instructions, but it can be done. Email me
off-list if you can't reproduce it.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu