[Zope] Best way to scale images from Zope besides PIL?

Nils Kassube nika@comunit.de
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 10:07:18 +0200

Guten Morgen.

* Chris Beaumont <cbeaumon@msri.org> [2001-06-13 22:25]:

> So, basically, it seems to me,  everybody who builds Zope from source
> gets it (PIL) working, everybody who doesn't, perhaps doesn't.

You only need three simple steps to build from source.

Step 1.

To build from source, you simply add this line to your /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free

Step 2.

Then you can get and build the package from sid (aka unstable) with a
single step:

        apt-get --build source zope

Step 3.

There is no step 3 :-)

The best solution is, by the way, to upgrade your Debian distribution to
woody (aka testing). Woody is ready for real work, contains recent
versions of all the interesting software (like the Zope database
adapters for PostgreSQL) and is very easy to install.

Cheers,
Nils

PS: You need the dpkg-dev package for the --build option.