[Zope] inserting file into external db

Andy Dustman andy@dustman.net
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:16:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Corbett Waddingham wrote:

> So it sounds like the problem lays somewhere in how Zope is initially
> this aside and go read up on Python for awhile before starting again?

I haven't written anything that makes use of file uploads, but judging
from the Zope source, that class (FileUpload) uses file object semantics,
so calling it's read() method should return the entire contents as a
string, which is what you need, and this is what should be passed to your
Z SQL Method.

--
Andy Dustman         PGP: 0xC72F3F1D
    @       .net     http://dustman.net/andy