[Zope] How good is Zope at handling concurrent read/write requests..

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 13:02:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Dirksen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a folder with a property. Different people visiting this folder will read/write
> this property. When there's many concurrent visitors, is Zope able to make sure the
> read/write request is in the first-in-first-serve order?

Zope will handle the concurrency with no problem.  The only problem you
may have is if lots of users write to the property at the same time.  Then
you might get a ConflictError.  See:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/zope-devel/DevGuide/Persistence.stx?rev=1.21&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

for more information on conflicts.  It won't be a problem as long as you
don't hammer the property with writes.

-Michel