[Zope] How good is Zope at handling concurrent read/write requests..

Tommy Johnson tommy@7x.com
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:24:04 -0800

>The only problem you may have is if lots of users write to the property at
the same time.  Then
> you might get a ConflictError.  See:
>
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/zope-devel/DevGuide
> /Persistence.stx?rev=1.21&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>
> for more information on conflicts.  It won't be a problem as long as you
> don't hammer the property with writes.
>
> -Michel

So, basicly it doesn't handle concurrency. Yes, multiple users can "view",
but isn't that what a web server is supposed to do? The real issue of
"concurrency" is whether it handles multiple users trying to write to a
property at the same time. Obviously, the answer is no.

It would be nice if I could find some way to "Lock" a transaction, similiar
to ColdFusion's <CFLock> tag.

Tommy