DTML Highlighting Editors (WAS: Re: [Zope] dtml vs vim)

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:41:02 +0200

> Its a toss up between vim, EditPlus (dtml highlighting, simple ftp
access),
> HomeSite (no dtml) and Komodo (no dtml yet, but had to mention it  :) ) in
> our group.

HomeSite has got DTML highlighting. Pretty good if I may add, but you have
to tweak around a bit to set it optimized (installing is trivial).
By default, DTML colorsyntaxing is only for .dtml files not index_html files
;)
When I type <dtml-var var ht   it pops up a box and I can with a returnkey
push finish it to html_quote.
The homesite editor is very stable and powerful. It's got lots of maturity.

I can't think of more functionaility than what I currently have. It would be
wicked though to save FTPed files through a python extension so that one can
see what is wrong with the syntax and not just "files could not be saved"

Peter

> Cheers.
> --
>   Andy McKay.