[Zope] Checking for a boolean property value in DTML

complaw@hal-pc.org complaw@hal-pc.org
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 23:35:19 GMT

I had tried that to.  It didn't work either.  Here is why...

I was running the code from an DTML Document, not a DTML Method.

However, once I put the code in a DTML Method, it still didn't work.  I think
that part of the problem is that the scope I'm working with by calling the code
from a DTML document, and then look for all of the DTML documents in the folder,
is misplaced.  What I may need is to call the parent object (a folder) to look
for that bit of code...  Something like

<dtml-in expr="Parent.objectValeus('DTML DOcument')" sort="decision_date"
reverse>
  <dtml-if expr="document_type == 'case'">
    Do something...
  </dtml-if>
</dtml-in>

Except that I don't have the parent parameter right.  I don't remember how to
call a parent object.

Do you think that would solve the problem?

Ron