[Zope] newbie: superuser login authorization failed

Nicole Lallande nicole@nmlconsulting.com
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 16:58:14 -0700

Source of installation binaries:
http://starship.python.net/crew/jrush/Zope/Zope232.html - rpm install
with zserver rather than apache pcgi install (I am still trying the rpm
installation vs tarball.)

OS:  RH7.0
Python: python-1.5.2-27
Browser: NCommunicator 4.77
Resources:
1. mailing list archive:  I found a thread written by Darci and Chris -
Darci was having the problem of loging in as superuser - but then seemed
to resolve the problem by stopping and restarting zope - which I did ad
naseum.
2. zopedocs
3. zope help

I know it isn't the information in the access file because I ran 'python
zpasswd.py -u superuser -p mynewpassword -d localhost' - nada -
'Authorization failed'  I have tried using NN6 - no joy.

a look at the authfailed page source shows:

<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 223,
in publish_module
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187,
in publish
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 162,
in publish
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py, line
462, in traverse
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py, line
588, in unauthorized
Unauthorized: (see above)

-->

well - that went right over MY head!

On the mailing list whenever anyone mentions having a problem with the
rpm installation the response is try the
tarball install.  I really do not want to do that if I can avoid it so
if there is anyone out there who can help me with this..please?

TIA,

Nicole
--
Nicole Lallande