[Zope] newbie q: error messages after install - RH rpms

Martin Skøtt mskott@image.dk
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 16:47:34 +0200 (CEST)

Well, the command you show below doesn't work here on my machine, but I'm
not using the RPM[1]. There are two options in your command which are
interesting: -w -f 8021. This doens't work here and I suspect that -w
doesn't like to be missing a port number try giving it 8080 (like you
give -f 8021 for the FTP server). Zope reports it's ports on the console
when it starts.
Try looking for the start script which Zope ships with.
[1] I never use the Zope RPMs. Instead I use the binary tar.gz for my
platform. It is VERY easy to install and I really don't need any of the
features RPM would have given me for Zope (uninstall etc.). If you
continue having problems try using the tar.gz files.

Martin Skøtt
mskott@image.dk