[Zope] Proxy role question

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 19:57:33 +0200 (CEST)

 > Hello, I am having some permission problems with a DTML method. I am running 2.3 I have a method that adds a folder, user's folder, a method and siteroot as well as sends a mail message. Now, I had set up the manager proxy role which has the permission to do all of those things. This worked in 2.1.6, now in 2.3, it gives the standard "unauthorized" error. I have tried changing the proxy role to manager, anonymous, and owner. Still raises error. There has got to be a way around this.... All Help is appreciated!
In Zope 2.1.x proxy roles have been established by the published
object and where used by the complete request.
There was no way to locally define proxy roles (for just an
object used in the request).

This was deemed too insecure.

Therefore, Zope 2.2 changed the establishment of proxy roles:

  Each executable object sets up the proxy roles justs
  for its execution. Proxy roles are no longer inherited
  to called objects, they need to set them up themselves.

There is an excellent documentation about Zope 2.2 security.
You should read it, because lots of things changed with Zope 2.2.

Dieter