[Zope-CMF] RE: [Zope] PDF documents in CMF (1.0)

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 07:18:41 -0400

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Loren Stafford writes:
>  > I haven't found the root problem, but I discovered that if the object name
>  > ends in .pdf everything works as desired. I traced the headers generated by
>  > CMF and the MIME type is set correctly, but the browser seems to want to see
>  > the .pdf extension. CMF gives the download the same name as the object id
>  > (not the original client-side file-name), so changing the object name to
>  > something.pdf seems to satisfy the browser.
> I have seen this with IE.
> Apparently, it does not trust the "Content-Type" but wants to
> have a corresponding name suffix, too.

CMF 1.0 had a 'download' method for File objects which tried
to do the Right Thing (TM) by setting the 'Content-Disposition'
header;  unfortunately, the browsers didn't support it.

That method is deprecated, and no longer surfaced, in CMF 1.1;
instead, when the File object is published directly (the URL
points to it, with no method appended), we initiate the download;
the browsers all do the correct thing in that case.

Tres.