[Zope] need help

steve steve@spvi.com
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 08:47:57 -0500

mallavaram satishreddy wrote:

> Respected Sir,
>
>         We are using Zope software. We are facing some Problems in using Zope. Here I am sending some queries. So, please try to give the answers as soon as possible.
>
> 1.      How to take the back up of files or folders to the our prescribed locations?

You can export a folder and all it's contents. Use the 'export' tab in
it's parent folder.

> 2.      How to take the back up of database to the our prescribed locations?

You can just copy var/Data.fs. There are more sophisticated ways:

http://www.zope.org/Members/jrush/howto_rsync_zope

> 3.      Give me some details about version management?

http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB/BasicObject.dtml

See the section on 'Using Versions'.

> 4.      How to download a folder or a file from zope server in to my local machine in
> ORIGINAL ISAPI FORMAT?

ISAPI? Is that a Microsoft thing? ??? I doubt this is possible. Why?

>       5.  What is the maximum capacity of file storage in zope server?

Depends on the Storage you use and the limits of your filesystem (if you
use FileStorage).

see e.g., http://www.zope.org/Products/bsddb3Storage

> 6.       How many maximum simultaneous users can request to the zope server?

Hmmm for some definition of simultaneous it could be quite large. You
may also want to look at:

http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB/ZEO.dtml

??? Do you mean the Zope APIs?  You might try: http://www.zope.org/Documentation/ZDG

> with regards