[Zope] How do I export objects with the change history

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 19:10:44 +0200 (CEST)

Jay, Dylan writes:
 > I have a wikiweb that has all the change history since its inception
 > available to users. I want to export this to a new Zope installation without
 > losing this information. How do I do this?
Not sure, whether you can follow this line. But it would probably
be the easiest way:

   You start with your old "Data.fs" in the new side and there,
   you delete everything you do not like.

An alternative may be an external Python script
that uses XML-RPC to fetch the versions of an object
in the source Zope and create/update them in the destination
Zope. It would need an External Method in the destination
to tweak modification time and friends.
Not too easy...

Dieter